Baringo Man Sentenced To 15 Years Imprisonment For Defiling His Wife’s Friend

by Lawyer Alex
Spread the love

Michael Waswa from Baringo County has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for defiling a 15-year-old girl who was a friend to his wife when she visited their home in Baringo’s Mogotio sub-county.

“It is alleged that the convict had a disagreement with his wife which resulted to the wife running away leaving the complainant and the perpetrator behind,” ODPP said.

The ODPP stated that later that day the accused bought alcohol and supper and forced the victim to indulge in drinks before defiling her.

The ODPP further said that the convict stayed with the complainant for nine days between January 29, 2021 and February 6,  2022.

“During this period, he kept on defiling the complainant until he was arrested on 6th of February 2021 by police officers from Mogotio Police Station,” the ODPP said.

The conviction comes a day after a man who attempted to defile a 13-year-old girl as she headed to school was arraigned at the Makindu Law Courts where he was charged with defilement.

The suspect is reported to have attempted the act on the minor at Changinywa village of Kikumbulyo location, in Makueni county on Monday according to the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).

“Peter Odongo, had waylaid the minor as she headed to school yesterday morning on a bicycle, before he grabbed her by her neck and savagely dragged her to a nearby bush. The suspect then attempted to take the girl’s innocence, as she put up a spirited fight to keep him at bay,” the DCI said.

Despite efforts from the government to curb Sexual and Gender Based Violence, incidences of rape and defilement have been on the rise in some parts of the country.

According to the Sexual Offences Act 2006, a person who commits an offence of attempted defilement with a child is liable, upon conviction, to imprisonment for a term of not less than ten years.

Mahakamani News is Kenya’s top court reporting and crime coverage website. If you have a case that needs coverage, or if you are facing injustice from powerful forces, fired unfairly or reporting any corruption or relevant news pertaining judiciary etc please contact us via



You may also like