If you are facing criminal charges in the state of Delaware, then you might be worrying about how to find a good criminal defense attorney.
However, worry not, in this article, I have compiled a list of some of the best criminal defense attorneys in Delaware.
Additionally, I also discuss what makes them stand out as top-rated criminal defense attorneys.
What to look for in a criminal defense attorney
- The level of experience of the attorney. An experienced attorney can improve your chances of avoiding jail time.
- The local networks of the attorney. Attorneys with local networks have a better understanding of the local procedures. Further, there is a high degree of chance that they have first-hand experience with the prosecutors and the judges who are handling your case.
- Accessibility and availability should also play a huge role when you are searching for a good attorney. A good attorney should always be prompt in their communication and updates regarding the status of your case.
- Legal fees also influence who you choose as a lawyer. The best attorney will usually charge higher legal fees as compared to their less experienced colleagues
- Certifications of the attorney. Martindale-Hubbell and Super Lawyers usually rate the best attorneys. Also, while not all attorneys achieve such achievements, some may have received awards from organizations such as the National Trial Lawyers.
- Ratings can inform you about the good and bad sides of an attorney. Many online directory websites such as AVVO contain information and ratings on a particular lawyer. On such sites, you might find the profile of a lawyer and a review of their expertise from their clients.
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorneys in Delaware
Attorney Patrick Collins is rated as a Super Lawyer. Super Lawyers is a rating-based system that recognizes the top attorneys nationwide, across a variety of practice areas and firm sizes, using a patented process of independent research and peer input.
Therefore, this means that he is a top-rated criminal defense attorney in Delaware and across the US.
His areas of expertise range from felonies to misdemeanors.
Mr. Patrick offers free initial consultation to potential clients
Attorney Francis E Farren is a former prosecutor with work experience of over 25 years working in the criminal justice system.
After quitting the criminal justice system, attorney Francis established his own private practice as a criminal defense attorney.
He is experienced in defending people with white-collar crimes, domestic violence-related charges, and felony-related charges.
Attorney Farren offers free initial consultation and accepts payment by credit cards
Attorney Jason R. Antoine is a criminal defense attorney based in Delaware.
He has previously served as an Assistant District Attorney (DA) in Pennsylvania.
Within the first month of working as an assistant DA, he was promoted to trial attorney. In his first year, he managed to win 9 out of 10 trials against seasoned criminal defense attorneys.
If you are facing criminal charges that involve criminal appeals, drug crimes, expungement, fraud, gun crimes, internet crimes, sex crimes, theft, or violent crimes, you should consider hiring attorney Jason R. Antoine
He also offers free initial consultation.
Attorney Alexander William Funk is a top-rated criminal defense attorney who is ranked as a “Top 100 Trial Lawyer” by the National Trial Lawyers Association.
He is also experienced in handling criminal appeals, drug crimes, expungement, fraud, gun crimes, internet crimes, sex crimes, theft, and violent crimes,
Attorney William has specialized in domestic violence criminal defense including making court applications for domestic violence restraining orders.
He also handles clients with misdemeanors such as driving under influence (DUI) and driving while intoxicated (DWI)
For his legal fees, attorney Alexander William Funk charges flat fees, fixed fees, and retainers. You can pay him through cash, credit card, or via a cheque.
He also offers free initial consultation.
E. Martin Knepper
Attorney E. Martin Knepper is the managing partner at Knepper & Stratton, a law firm based in Wilmington, Delaware.
He is mostly focused on civil litigation and personal injury claims. However, he can also handle criminal matters with regard to traffic infractions that are caused by DUI or DWI.
If you are also facing a case where your driving license stands to be suspended by the court, attorney E. Martin Knepper guarantees your success that the court will rule in your favor.
Ronald D. Phillips Jr.
Attorney Ronald D. Phillips Jr is a lifelong resident of Delaware.
He is also a founding partner of the Law Offices of Murray, Phillips & Gray.
As a criminal defense attorney, his goal is to protect his clients from unfair convictions.
His expertise in law is exclusively on criminal defense and he has successfully defended clients with felony and misdemeanor charges such as murder and traffic infractions respectively.
This article is meant to introduce you to some of the best criminal defense attorneys in Delaware.
I have compiled the list from sources such as Justia, FindLaw, Super Lawyers, and AVVO.
If you want to find more criminal defense attorneys, you can always look for more attorneys from the above-mentioned online sources.
Additionally, you can seek referrals from your friends or relatives.
In any case, you should consider the criteria that I have discussed above when making a decision to hire the best attorney to help you defend your criminal charge.
I hope this article has been helpful.