If you are facing criminal charges in Grand Rapids, Michigan, then you might be having concerns about finding a good criminal defense attorney.
In this article, I have compiled a list of good criminal defense attorneys from Grand Rapids. I also discuss what makes them stand out as top-rated criminal defense attorneys.
Additionally, I advise on steps to find a good criminal defense attorney in Grand Rapids.
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorneys in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Below is a list that I have compiled, consisting of law firms and attorneys, located in Grand Rapids, who have specialized in criminal defense.
Scozzari Graham, PLLC
Specializing in criminal defense, Scozzari and Graham, PPLC consists of attorneys who carefully examine the evidence against their clients and develop strategies to achieve the best possible results, including acquittal and avoiding jail time.
Choosing Scozzari Graham ensures that you have attorneys who will also vigorously represent you at every stage of the legal process, from arraignment to trial.
Additionally, the founding partner, Raoul Graham, has extensive experience in criminal law, having previously worked as a law clerk for the Department of Justice’s criminal division.
If you have been charged with crimes such as theft, burglary, and DUI/DWI, you can contact Scozzari Graham using the phone number (616) 207 8607.
Law Office of James K. Champion, PLLC.
Criminal defense attorney, Jim Champion, is this law firm’s founding partner.
The Law Office of James K. Champion, PLLC represents accused people with charges involving drug crimes, violent offenses, sex crimes, white-collar crimes, and property crimes.
Rarely setting for plea deals, Mr. Champion describes himself as a fighter and a believer in never accepting a deal if there is a chance of a better outcome at trial. Consequently, Attorney Jim Champion has achieved not-guilty verdicts for clients with first-degree murder, criminal sexual conduct in the first, second, third, and fourth degree, domestic violence, embezzlement, and possession with intent to deliver marijuana or manufacture methamphetamine.
You can book a free initial consultation with the law firm at 833-560-3022
Attorney Frank Stanley is the founder of the Law Firm of Frank Stanley, PC.
He represents accused people at risk of conviction due to sex crimes, white collar crimes, drug crimes, internet, and violent crimes.
Mr. Frank practices in all courts in Grand Rapids and the federal and Michigan trial and appellate courts.
Additionally, he has over 30 years experience in defending accused persons, helping them to avoid convictions.
For legal representation and advice, you can contact attorney Frank Stanley at 616-773-2702 or 800-667-5546
Sara MacGregor is top rated attorney working at Grabel & Associates.
Ms Sara defends people who have been charged with criminal sexual conduct, juvenile offenses, violent crimes and drug charges.
Additionally, attorney Sara offers free initial consultation. She is also available for emergency consultation.
Therefore, if you are located in Grand Rapids or Delta county, Ms MacGregor can help to solve your criminal charge.
Do not hesitate to contact her.
Attorney Marcie Ridley has over 21 years experience representing people accused of various criminal charges.
However, Ms. Ridley is well versed in the laws regarding driver’s license restoration.
Currently, attorney Marcie is based at Grabel & Associates.
She has previously worked with the Federal Public Defenders Office of Western Michigan.
This experience has made her well versed in criminal law as she is able to know the prosecution team’s next move, hence better at forming defense strategies.
Heath M. Lynch
Heath M. Lynch is a criminal trial attorney and a partner at the SBBL Law in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
as a criminal defense attorney, Mr. Lynch fights for the rights of people facing harsh charges for white collar crimes and other major felonies.
His prowess in criminal law has seen him named as a Super lawyer in 2022 and 2023
If you need an attorney to help defend you against charges relating to domestic violence, drug cases, midemeanors, grand jury investigations, violent felonies and firearm offenses, do not hesitate to contact attorney Heath Lynch
What to look for in a criminal defense attorney
Finding the perfect criminal defense attorney to handle your case is not easy.
- The level of experience of the attorney. An experienced attorney can improve your chances of avoiding jail time.
- The local networks of the attorney. Attorneys with local networks have a better understanding of the local procedures. Further, there is a high degree of chance that they have first-hand experience with the prosecutors and the judges who are handling your case.
- Accessibility and availability should also play a huge role when searching for a good attorney. A good attorney should always be prompt in their communication and updates regarding the status of your case.
- Legal fees also influence who you choose as a lawyer. The best attorney will usually charge higher legal fees as compared to their less experienced colleagues
- Certifications of the attorney. Martindale-Hubbell and Super Lawyers usually rate the best attorneys. Also, while not all attorneys achieve such achievements, some may have received awards from organizations such as the National Trial Lawyers.
- Ratings can inform you about the good and bad sides of an attorney. Many online directory websites such as AVVO contain information and ratings on a particular lawyer. On such sites, you might find the profile of a lawyer and a review of their expertise from their clients.
This article is meant to introduce you to some of the best criminal defense attorneys and law firms in the Grand Rapids area.
I have compiled the list from sources such as Justia, FindLaw, Super Lawyers, and AVVO.
If you want to find more criminal defense attorneys, you can always look for more attorneys from the above-mentioned online sources.
Additionally, you can seek referrals from your friends or relatives.
In any case, you should consider the criteria that I have discussed above when deciding to hire the best attorney to help you defend your criminal charge.
I hope this article has been helpful.