Ms. Merium Malik is a top and credible immigration lawyer renowned for her exemplary advocacy skills.
An expert in business immigration and criminal defense laws, attorney Merium Malik’s services are sought after.
This is evidenced by her clients that span 30 counties, 6 continents, and all 50 states in the US.
Merium Malik is one of the best and most gifted attorneys practicing in the state of New York. This is not an easy fete, as this achievement has been bestowed on only 2.5% of the population.
If you are looking for an immigration and criminal defense attorney who can help you with your legal issues, you might want to consider Merium S. Malik.
She is the founder and principal of Malik Law Firm, P.C., a law firm that provides specialized legal services to corporations and individuals in New York and throughout the world.
In this article, we will introduce you to Merium S. Malik, her education and career, her practice areas, her achievements, her associates, her contact information, and her location.
Who is Merium S. Malik?
Attorney Merium Malik is a Pakistani immigrant who arrived in the United States at the age of 12 years.
Growing up in turmoil, the attorney states that her inspiration derives from her parents who worked as physicians in Iran.
In addition, Ms. Malik’s business acumen, spirit of advocacy, and entrepreneurship have enabled her to successfully run the Malik Law Firm, P.C.
Ms. Malik is also the founder of Azadi.
Azadi is a non-profit making organization that provides pro bono legal services to marginalized immigrant communities.
A multilinguist, attorney Malik is fluent in English, Spanish, Hindi, and Urdu.
She is married to her husband of 25 years, David, who is also her office manager and co-founder of Malik Law Firm, P.C.
Some of the hobbies of Ms Merium Malik include kundalini yoga and meditation. She is also fond of physical activities and enjoys activities such as hiking and long-distance running. In 2018, she participated in the New York City Marathon.
Merium Malik’s Educational background
In 2005, Ms. Merium Malik earned her undergraduate degree from the University of South Florida.
While at the university, attorney Merium Malik honed her business skills and ended up orchestrating successful marketing campaigns for esteemed companies such as Slim Fast and Discovery Channel. She would also end up generating $20 million in sales for Home Depot.
Additionally, she would also work as a promotional model for Smuckers, Publix, and Chiquita Banana.
Upon completing her undergraduate, Merium Malik would pursue a graduate degree and then a Juris Doctor degree.
She also holds a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Phoenix.
In 2010, Attorney Malik graduated with a Juris Doctor degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law in San Francisco.
Attorney Merium Malik’s skills
Ms. Merium is an acumen businessperson. She is also a proficient public speaker.
As an excellent communicator, Merium Malik was acclaimed as the best speaker in New York City Toastmasters.
The New York City Toastmasters is a public speaking and leadership training organization. The purpose of the New York Toastmasters is to give its members the opportunities to hone their public speaking and presentation skills in a lively and supportive environment.
Her skills in communication have also seen her grace stages across the globe and captivating audiences in Australia and Mexico for Fortune 500 companies and the billion-dollar powerhouse, WeWork.
Apart from being an attorney and a good public speaker, Ms Merium is also an author and a prolific writer who contributes to Medium.
Occasionally, she runs workshops where she shares her knowledge of immigration laws, business ideas, laws, and principles.
The excellence of attorney Merium Malik has made her collaborate with esteemed organizations, including the United Nations Conference for the Commission on the Status of Women and the prestigious Columbia University.
She is also a New York State Licensed real estate broker and a New York State Notary public.
Work experience of Attorney Merium Malik
Currently, Ms Malik works at Malik Law Firm which is located on Wall Street, New York.
Merium Malik began her career in February 2004 as a Comptroller of Finance at the University of South Florida. A position she held for 7 months.
She then served as a contracting director at the American Medical Management from August 2004 until August 2005.
In 2011, he started her career as an attorney. She worked as an associate attorney at Goldberg & Associates.
After working at Goldberg and Associates, Ms. Merium also became an associate at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP, a leading global immigration law firm.
She then became a partner at Satterlee Stephens Burke & Burke LLP, a full-service law firm in New York City.
In 2014, she established her own law firm, Malik Law Firm, P.C., where she has been representing corporations and individuals in immigration and criminal matters ever since.
Ms. Merium Malik also serves on the immigration task force team of the Office of the New York City Public Advocate.
Additionally, Ms Merium is an active mentor and serves as a moot court judge at esteemed institutions such as the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law and the New York University School of Law.
Merium S. Malik Practice Areas
Attorney Merium Malik is licensed to practice law in the States of Florida and New York.
Merium S. Malik handles a variety of immigration and criminal cases, including:
- Immigration: She represents foreign national investors, multinational companies, and professionals seeking temporary work visas, permanent residence, family reunification, and naturalization. She also represents individuals with family immigration law needs, such as marriage-based green cards, fiancé(e) visas, adoption visas, and family preference visas. She also advises clients on immigration compliance issues, such as I-9 audits and E-Verify.
- Criminal Defense: She represents individuals who are facing criminal charges or investigations at the state or federal level. She handles cases involving drug offenses, fraud offenses, white-collar crimes, violent crimes, sex crimes, DUI/DWI offenses, and more. She also represents individuals who are facing deportation or removal proceedings or who have criminal convictions that affect their immigration status.
She also provides other legal services such as business immigration, business formation, contracts, real estate transactions, and litigation.
Attorney Merium Malik’s Career Achievements
Merium S. Malik has a proven track record of success in immigration and criminal law. She has helped thousands of clients achieve their legal goals and dreams. Some of her notable cases include:
- Obtaining an EB-5 visa for a foreign national investor who invested $500,000 in a regional center project that created 10 jobs for U.S. workers.
- Obtaining an H-1B visa for a software engineer who worked for a Fortune 500 company.
- Obtaining a U visa for a victim of domestic violence who cooperated with law enforcement.
- Obtaining an acquittal for a client who was charged with assault with a deadly weapon.
Some of the accolades of attorney Merium Malik include:
- Recognition from the prestigious Avvo 2017 Clients’ Choice Award to a perfect 10-out-of-10 rating on the platform
- Award Winning Immigration Lawyer, Speaker, and Attorney
Professional/ Bar Activity
In addition, Ms. Merium is a member of several organizations. She has also been certified by several organizations.
Below is a detailed list:
- Member of Network of Bar Leaders
- Member of the Board of Immigration Appeals
- Member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Member of the New York City Bar Association – Immigration and Nationality Law Committee.
- Minority and Business Women Enterprise Certification by New York City
- Goldman Sachs and Tory Burch Cohort Member for Small Businesses
- Member of the Executive Office of Immigration Review (EOIR) Immigration Judges
- Member of United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- New York State Notary Public
- New York State Licensed Real Estate Broker
- Member of Minority and Business Women Enterprise Certification by New York State
- Member of Women Business Enterprise Certification
- Business Network International
- Member of Democratic Committee Independent Judicial Screening Panel
As an attorney, Ms Merium is licensed to practice in New York and Florida. In addition, she can also represent her clients in the:
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Second Judicial Department
- Second and Ninth Circuit Courts
Merium S. Malik is also recognized as a leader in her field by her peers and professional organizations.
She is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating for legal ability and ethical standards. She was also selected as a Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters, a distinction given to only 5% of lawyers in the New York Metro. Prior to this, she was also part of the 2018 New York Metro Rising Stars list, an honor reserved for those lawyers who exhibit excellence in practice.
Merium Malik’s Associates
Merium S. Malik works with a team of experienced and dedicated associates who share her vision and values.
Ms Malik’s team comprises competent individuals who are capable of helping immigrants navigate the complexities of employment visas and get gainful employment in the US.
- David M. Burke: He is the co-founder and office manager of Malik Law Firm, P.C. He oversees the administrative and financial aspects of the firm.
- Sarah J. Lee: She is an associate attorney who specializes in business immigration law.
- Maria C. Rodriguez: She is an associate attorney at the firm who focuses on family immigration law.
- James K. Wong: He is an associate attorney at the firm who handles criminal defense cases.
Malik Law Firm, P.C. has specialized in immigration and criminal defense law.
The growing influence of the firm has seen expand its reach to Queens, Florida, Texas, California, and even Mexico.
For Immigration, the firm handles cases regarding:
- Consular Processing
- Green card applications
- Adjustment of Status
- Deportation and removal defense
For criminal defense law, the firm handles cases regarding:
- Drinking under the influence and driving while intoxicated
- Traffic violations
- Drug-related offenses
- Theft and property offenses
- Juvenile offenses
How to Contact Attorney Merium Malik
If you are interested in hiring Merium S. Malik as your immigration or criminal defense attorney or want to learn more about her services, you can contact her through the following ways:
- Phone: (646) 901-7746
- Fax: (212) 574-3346
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.maliklawimmigration.com
- Instagram: Maliklawfirm
- Linked In: Merium Malik
The address of Malik Law Firm’s head office is:
110 Wall Street,
New York, NY 10005
Attorney Merium Malik is the founder of Malik Law Firm, P.C.
The expertise of Merium Malik has also seen her featured in the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, and the Washington Post.
Growing up in Pakistan and partly living in Iran during a time of conflict has played a huge influence in Merium Malik’s career.
Through this struggle, attorney Merium Malik acquiesced to the troubles that immigrants face.
Pursuantly Merium Malik has grown into one of the best immigration attorneys.
Her exemplary service has earned her multiple awards.
Therefore, if you are an immigrant or in need of a criminal defense lawyer and based in the state of New York or Florida then you should definitely consider the services of attorney Merium Sajjad Malik.