If you are based in New York or Florida, then it is important that you learn about attorney Rodrigo Sebastian Da Silva.
In this article, the focus is put on the educational, career, work specialization, and professional achievements of Rodrigo S. Da Silva
Who is Attorney Rodrigo S. Da Silva?
Rodrigo S. Da Silva is a specialist in international law and commercial litigation.
Born and raised in Uruguay, attorney Rodrigo S. Da Silva is a native Spanish speaker who is also fluent in Portuguese.
With a strong multilingual background, Rodrigo S. Da Silva uses this skill to his advantage and has climbed to the top rank as an important International Law practitioner.
In the international law sphere, attorney Rodrigo S. Da Silva has contributed to the jurisprudence of the South American continent (Latin America).
Across the US, attorney Rodrigo S Da Silva has a license to practice law in the states of Florida, New Jersey, the District of Columbia, and New York.
In 2004, attorney Rodrigo Da Silva graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree (cum laude) from Monroe College.
Years later, Rodrigo S. Da Silva would enroll for his Juris Doctor degree at the Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University. He graduated in 2010 with cum laude and joined the Florida Bar in 2011.
Mr. Da Silva has more than 10 years of legal experience.
In 2014, he launched his law firm, the Law Offices of Rodrigo S. Da Silva, P.A., where he is the managing partner.
Before starting his own practice, attorney Rodrigo S. Da Silva worked for several international law firms located across New York and Florida.
When he is not practicing law, Mr. Da Silva occasionally conducts lectures and seminars across the US and the world.
In 2018, he participated in the International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA) Annual Congress on Globalization, The Modern Family: At Home, At Work, Abroad. This conference was held in Brussels, Belgium
Practice Areas of Attorney Rodrigo S Da Silva
Rodrigo S. Da Silva provides exceptional counsel and support to various clients throughout South Florida.
Internationally, attorney Rodrigo S. Da Silva also works with clients across Latin America.
Key practice areas for Mr. Da Silva includes:
Civil and commercial litigation
He handles clients with concerns on the following subject matter
- employment discrimination
- wage and hour claims
- Residential and commercial real estate transactions
- Assisting clients in buying and selling residential and commercial properties
- Post-judgment litigation that includes initiating proceedings supplementary to execution and asset tracing
As an experienced attorney handling matters regarding international law, attorney Da. Silva handles:
- Onshore and offshore asset recovery
- Recognition and enforcement of foreign and domestic judgments and arbitral awards
- International litigation and arbitration
- Recognition and representation of domestic and foreign office holders (i.e., liquidators, judicial administrators, receivers, and/or trustees) under Chapter 15 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code
- Applications for discovery in aid of pending or reasonably contemplated foreign litigation and arbitration under 28 U.S.C. § 1782
- U.S. immigration matters include immigrant and non-immigrant petitions, investor petitions, and asylum, and also representing clients from various countries in immigration matters, such as obtaining visas, green cards, citizenship, asylum, etc.
- Local counsel to out-of-state parties
Notable Achievements of Attorney Rodrigo S. Da Silva
Attorney Rodrigo S. Da Silva has received several published decisions across local and international courts.
Notable decisions include:
- In the case of Comparelli v. Republica Bolivariana de Venezuela, he received an order reviving a $70 million lawsuit against Venezuela and its state-owned petrochemicals company, Pequiven, for expropriating two Venezuelan companies in violation of international law
- In CJM Partners, LLC v Minerva Di Giacomo, Mr. Da Silva obtained a judgment that stated it was an abuse of discretion where a trial court issued a temporary injunction without setting a bond and requiring its posting.
- In Sallah v Worldwide Clearing, LLC, he obtained a motion for a summary judgment against net winner fraudulent transferees of a Ponzi scheme. Earlier on, in this case, he also obtained orders denying various motions to dismiss fraudulent transfers and unjust enrichment claims by a Receiver prosecuting claims with regard to a $50 million Ponzi scheme
- In re Pimenta, attorney Rodrigo Da Silva secured an order denying a motion to quash subpoenas filed by the targets of an international asset tracing investigation under 28 U.S.C. § 1782
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- International Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Dade County Bar Association
- District of Columbia
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
Law Offices of Rodrigo S Da Silva, P.A.
The Law Offices of Rodrigo S Da Silva, P.A. is a law firm located in Miami Beach, Florida. The firm has a team of professionals that is fluent in Spanish and Portuguese.
The firm also has a strategic affiliation with Silvestri International – Studio Legale Internazionale, an Italian law firm and foreign legal consultancy in Italian law in the State of Florida with offices in Rome, Miami, and Miami Beach. Through this affiliation, the firm assists Italian investors and/or Italian entities in commercial, real estate, corporate, civil, and intellectual property matters in Florida and Italy.
Additionally, the firm also handles matters in the following areas
- domestic and international litigation and arbitration,
- onshore and offshore asset tracing and recovery
- creditor’s rights
- U.S. immigration,
- real estate and business transactions.
Other staff working in this law firm include
- Maria Clara Moreno, who is a licensed attorney in the D.C.
- Vanessa Messora, who is the office Business Development Manager
- Samir Machado, a licensed attorney in Brazil who serves as a Law Clerk
- Kristen Hefley, a law clerk, and currently a law student at the University of Miami School of Law
The Law Offices of Rodrigo S. Da Silva, P.A. is located at
777 Arthur Godfrey Rd Ste 402
Miami Beach, FL, 33140
Tel: (305) 615-1434
Fax: (305) 615-1435
The firm is open from Monday to Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The firm is closed on weekends and public holidays.
Throughout his career as an attorney, Rodrigo S. Da Silva has honed his focus and grew a passion for defending and protecting the rights and interests of his clients,
Furthermore, he always strives to help his clients get value for their money by obtaining favorable outcomes.
A good arbitrator, attorney Rodrigo S. Da Silva has received positive peer reviews along with good recommendations from his satisfied clients.
Therefore, if you are based in D.C., New York, Florida, or New Jersey, you should consider hiring the services of Mr. Da Silva or the Law Offices of Rodrigo S. Da Silva.
Some of the benefits of hiring attorney Rodrigo S. Da Silva includes:
- He is an intellectually fearless attorney with a versatile and resourceful legal background.
- He enjoys the challenge and diversity of his profession, as well as the opportunity to learn new things every day.
- Rodrigo S. Da Silva is a versatile and resourceful lawyer who can handle complex legal matters in a fast and cost-effective manner.
- For international clients, he has a versatile and resourceful legal background, as well as personal ties with Latin America.
- He has a wide range of practice areas, from fraud and commercial litigation to immigration and real estate.
- He has achieved many successes in his career, both in the U.S. and abroad
- He will put your interests first and achieve your goals.