A personal injury defense lawyer advocates for individuals who face lawsuits due to personal injuries resulting from various accidents, such as car accidents, slips and falls and medical malpractice.
Personal Injury Defense Lawyer
The primary goal of the personal injury defense lawyer is to protect the financial interests of the insured defendant and the insurance company.
They achieve this by actively striving to avoid liability whenever possible, they make sure that their interests remain aligned.
Injury defense lawyer conducts accident investigations, gathers evidence, and builds a strong defense case for their client.
Additionally, they engage in negotiations with the plaintiff’s lawyer in an effort to reach a settlement.
Should the case proceed to trial, the personal injury defense lawyer will actively represent their client in court.
They will skillfully present the evidence and passionately argue the case on behalf of their client.
Benefits of hiring a personal injury defense lawyer
- They can help you understand the legal process and your rights.
- They can gather evidence and build a strong case to defend you.
- They can negotiate with the plaintiff’s lawyer to try to reach a settlement.
- They can represent you in court if the case goes to trial.
Questions to ask when interviewing your injury defense lawyer
- How long have you been practicing personal injury law?
- What are your rates?
- Are you available to meet with me and my lawyer?
- What is your approach to personal injury cases?
- What are your chances of success in my case?
Possible outcomes of a personal injury case
Each personal injury case is unique, and the outcome depends on the specific circumstances and the skillful representation of the personal injury defense lawyer and the plaintiff’s attorney.
Several possible outcomes can arise based on the evidence, arguments, and decisions made throughout the legal process: